The Village Market is where you will find artisans selling their arts, crafts and wares, and the Food Park, which features local nonprofit organizations teamed up with area restaurants to offer a variety of “grab and go” food items.
The Village Market is located at Lou Mac Park. The Food Park is just across the street, adjacent to the Labyrinth.
Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival logo t-shirts and ball caps are now available. Shirts are $20, $25 for long sleeve. Ball caps are $15.
Shirts and hats are on sale at The Inland Waterway Provision Company on Hodges, The Village Brewery, 702 Broad St., and during the festival at the Festival Command Center and Information Booth in the Village Market, South Avenue and Freemason.
You also may order logo merchandise by contacting Trish Mead at 252-675-9818, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission to the Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival is free, but financial support is needed to help with all of the administrative, behind-the-scenes work that goes on to keep the Festival going and growing. For a $5 donation, or more, you can purchase a 2019 Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival Button designed by local artist Marguerite Garrett.
Purchasing and wearing a button is a great way to show your support for the Festival and to help advertise it. And they are also a collector’s item – get one each year. Buttons are on sale at Inland Waterway Provision Co, Nautical Wheelers, Oriental Deli & Subs, New Village Brewery, Marsha’s Cottage, Yawl’s Cafe, Studio 55, Village Hardware, Croakertown Coffee, Oriental Village Veterinarian, Wit’s End and Village Health & Fitness. You may also contact Ned and Ann Albee at 252-249-7249, or at email@example.com. Buttons are $5.
Another great way to support the Festival is to become a Festival Sponsor. To become a sponsor, print an application found under the Get Involved section of this website. Fill it out and mail it to: Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival, Donna Crothers, P.O. Box 775, Oriental, North Carolina 28571. The deadline is Sept. 1. Your sponsorship will be publicly recognized in the Festival Program.
There are many ways to get involved and become a part of the Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival Team. You can participate as a performer, vendor, sponsor or volunteer. Applications for each form of participation are linked below. Complete the application and send it in and become a part of making the Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival a success.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival
What do you do with donated money? Where does the money go?
In addition to routine operating expenses such as liability insurance, accounting, theater and tent rentals, the Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival provides
• live musical performers, story tellers, clowns performing at the annual Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival, free and open to all
• advertising and marketing to promote local musicians (and the Town of Oriental!) regionally and statewide
• a scholarship each year for a member of the Pamlico High School Marching and Symphonic Band to attend an out of state competition,
• musical groups to perform for free at special events like the 2017 Cycle North Carolina three-day Coastal Ride event, the 2016 grand opening of the local Piglet grocery store and its first anniversary in 2017
• musical groups to perform for free at the Oriental Rotary Club’s annual three day In-Water Boat Show
Our Board and volunteers work hard in the following three areas with specific emphasis on offering opportunities for seniors, for at-risk youth and our Hispanic neighbors:
1. Provide the region’s multi-cultural and racially diverse musical talent with encouragement, support, and venues to perform
2. Provide and promote these events to the local and regional public to
(a) come see and listen to live music
(b) learn about the region’s rich and diverse musical heritage, and
© bring economic benefit to local businesses and the broader area
3. Build and improve community relationships, bring our diverse neighborhoods together, lessen community tensions and prejudices, bridge cultural, racial and generational divides by engaging broad community support and volunteer opportunities
Are you a non-profit and is my donation tax deductible?
The Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival, Inc., is a nonprofit with tax-exempt status under Section 501©(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. With the IRS designation, contributions to the Ol’ Front Porch Music Festival are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Donations can be made to OFPMF at PO Box 775, Oriental, NC 28571. Our Federal Employer Tax ID number 47-4931628.
What is your mission?
Our mission is to organize musical and educational events which provide performance venues for our region’s diverse range of musicians, while also fostering economic vitality in Pamlico County, and bringing people of different racial and cultural backgrounds, young and old, together to perform, affording both the audience and the performers the opportunity to learn about and appreciate their shared musical heritage.
What is the history of the Festival?
Founded 2014 by Dottie and Dick Osmun and Leslie Kellenberger, this year is our 6th Annual Festival. Its roots are in music played on the porches of Oriental, decades ago: